Although bonds did not struggle to perform in the first two quarters of the year, they could make a comeback in a recessionary climate.
It was one of the major investment calls for eight private banking executives, who discussed the biggest allocation calls they would make in the coming year.
Also in this video, they explain what the Federal Reserve’s tightening campaign means for their portfolios and why investors should keep an eye out for changes in US politics.
The panel was moderated by Angus Foote, Director for Europe at Citywire, and included:
- Nisha Long, Head of ESG and Cross-Border Investing Research, Citywire;
- Philipp Baertschi, CIO, J Safra Sarasin;
- Anja Hochberg, Head of Multi-Asset Solutions, ZKB;
- Lars Kalbreier, CIO, Private Bank Edmond de Rothschild;
- Vincent Manuel, CIO, Indosuez WM;
- Michel Munz, Head of Swiss and European Investment Management, Julius Baer;
- Dan Scott, Multi-Asset Head, Vontobel;
- Norman Villamin, CIO for Wealth Management, UBP;
- Thomas Wille, CIO and Head of Research and Strategy, LGT Private Banking
To watch the first video on the allocations that worked in favor of private bank CIOs, please follow the link here. To discover the calls for investment that went against the heads of private banks, click here. CIOs of private banks reveal their strategies to fight inflation here. Energy transition perspectives can be explored here. Europe’s private banking chiefs reveal their allocations to private markets here.