Burkburnett’s 5 Road Upgrade Bonds Fail
WICHITA COUNTY (KFDX/KJTL) – Five bond proposals for improving various roads across Burkburnett were voted on by residents in the May 7 special election.
The five proposed bonds total $10.6 million, and if all five were passed, the tax increase on a home valued at $100,000 would total more than $141.
- Proposal A — $2,680,000 for improvements on Roller Road (+$35.46)
- Proposal B — $730,000 for improvements on Meadow Drive and Dell Street (+$9.96)
- Proposal C — $1,735,000 for improvements on Kramer Road and Ameron Road (+$23.07)
- Proposal D — $1,120,000 for improvements on County Road and Williams Drive (+$15.16)
- Proposal E — $4,395,000 for improvements to Sioux Lane, Chaparral Road, Hiawatha Lane, Red Fox Lane and Pawhuska Lane (+$57.97)
In the end, Burkburnett voters did not pass any of the five proposals:
- Proposal A — LACK receiving 947 NO votes
- Proposal B — LACK receiving 948 NO votes
- Proposal C — LACK receiving 886 NO votes
- Proposal D — LACK receiving 942 NO votes
- Proposition E — LACK receiving 949 NO votes
Be sure to follow Texoma’s homepage and our KFDX/KJTL social media anchors and reporters for the latest primary election news, live polling station coverage and accurate final results first. We are your local electoral headquarters.
For the latest election results, download our app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. For updates and to receive the latest daily news, weather and more, subscribe to our newsletter.